Ophiuchus, the serpent bearer, never really was the 13th sign of the zodiac, but rather the 9th.
take a look at all the signs of the (unofficial) zodiac and their
monthly attribution with Ophiuchus included. The official zodiac is
slightly different and it is recommend to use the official one for the
As you see, if we want to inculde the serpent
bearer in the zodiac, November gets very crowded and it's no longer a
harmonic zodiac of 12 equal signs.
- Aries: April 19 - May 13
- Taurus: May 14 - June 19
- Gemini: June 20 - July 20
- Cancer: July 21 - August 9
- Leo: August 10 - September 15
- Virgo: September 16 - October 30
- Libra: October31 - November 22
- Scorpio: November 23 - November 29
- Ophiuchus: November 30 - December 17
- Sagittarius: December 18 - January 18
- Capricorn: January 19 - February 15
- Aquarius: February 16 - March 11
- Pisces: March 12 - April 18
Ophiuchus never really made it into the original zodiac, but remains
and always has been a true astronomical constellation around the
It contains many star clusters and at least one
gigantic superbubble (a cavity that spreads across several light years
and contains gas).
Each sign of the zodiac, in the traditional
sense (without the serpent bearer), is dedicated to 30 ° (degree) of
celestial longitude - which makes 360 ° (degree) in total.
constellation of the stars, however, is unequal in size and based on the
position of the stars. This makes ophiuchus a real astronomical term
and constellation, and not an astrological sign.
Many people (including myself) like to consider themselves Ophiuchi, anyway.
The personality traits of Ophiuchus are derived from the history of
Asclepius and Babylonian astronomy with its constellation of Nirah,
which had certain things in common with today's serpent bearer.
Serpent bearers ....
Ophiuchus → Psychic Homepage
- like to wear bright, vibrant colors.
tend to have secret enemies among family and friends, often due to a
complicated karma and a close connection to the wheel of fortune in
- Many are jealous of them and they suffer a lot
during their youth, but have the potential to become powerful healers
and geniuses in their adult life.
- They are close to their fathers, not so much to their mothers.
- With psychic powers, they tend to have vivid dreams and premonitions.
They are very intuitive and some of them are "mixed up" with the so-called indigo children.
often feel like they were born in the wrong era, especially too early
in time. Being visionaries and bearers of wisdom, they often think that
human evolution is much too slow. They are futurists and often dream
about the future.
- They are naturally wise and old souls
due to their close connection to the wheel of fortune. They are one with
or close to the number 13.
- Many take up healing professions or harbor a life-long interest in health and healing.
are more connected to fate than the average person and often experience
hard times. This is part of their journey. Being natural born healers,
serpent bearers have to literelly bear the burden of wisdom and
creativity, which often envolves hard lessons.
- They tend to longevity. Even those who are masters of self-destruction are very robust.
upper chakras are usually very active and they tend to have problems
with their lower chakras. Serpent bearers are very sensitive. Negative
childhood experiences can result in a lack of basic trust, which can
lead to financial problems.
- When all chakras are open,
the kundalini energy flows freely (which applies to all children of all
celestial constellations). The serpent bearer, being an extra-ordinarily
wise person, can learn to manifest things more quickly than other
- Serpent bearers themselves are often surprised
at how connected they really are. They are constantly given signs and
nudges into more positive directions by the universe to make up for
their hard lessons.
- Alienated, sometimes disconnected
and struggling with illness, disease and addiction in their youth, more
and more connected as adults,
wise in old age.
- Serpent bearers share the feeling that they have a hard long road ahead of them, but are always being helped and never alone.
bearers can be excellent, patient and compassionate teachers and
astonishing healers with psychic powers. Some are also good with
finances or feel at home in the fine arts. They love words, numbers and
- They love numerology. (In ancient cultures
such as Babylonia, Egypt and Greece, numbers were considered the
language of the gods.)
- The more holistic, the better.
Serpent bearers see the big picture and want to contribute to a greater
good. They are healers and idealists and catalysts. The more material
ones love donating money to good causes or become personal investors.
- A serpent bearer doesn't know boredom.
Their mind is where they are truly at home and their mind is always busy.
sometimes have problems with physical energy and sleep. That's why they
benefit from meditation and an opening of their lower chakras.
They really have to take care of their energy balance, which is another lesson in life they are here to learn.